We work with creative, self-motivated graduate students during the school year as part-time interns.
At Illuminate Ventures, we provide seed capital and know-how to B2B software startups. Some of our market-leading portfolio companies include BrightEdge, Xactly Corporation (Vista Equity Partners acquisition, NYSE: XTLY), and Contentstack ($57.5M Series B led by Insight Partners). By applying a different lens, we find the “hidden gems” – scrappy, more experienced, but sometimes underestimated founders who value our network and experience to catalyze their growth.
About the Program
Our interns get an opportunity unlike any available in the industry. You will work directly with partner-level investors on meaningful projects that you will own end-to-end. The work provides opportunities to:
- Listen and contribute to investment strategies
- Learn about startups and hot investment areas
- Participate in Illuminate’s Advisory Council meetings (3x per year)
- Work directly with Illuminate portfolio companies
Project types range from conducting competitive analyses and market assessments to inform new potential investments… to implementing new firm-wide tools and processes for benchmarking and marketing… to helping us stay up to date by researching investment trends and diversity and investment topics. To avoid impacting other academic commitments, we work with you to ensure that projects suit your skills and availability. Interns will have weekly one-on-one planning calls with one of Illuminate’s key team members and the opportunity to present the results of their work to the full Illuminate team, and in some cases, Illuminate’s Business Advisory Council. They may also, over time, get involved in broader new investment due diligence activities.
Please note: This internship is an unpaid, part-time role during the school year with the opportunity to continue part-time over the summer. This is not a full-time summer internship position.
How To Apply
Strong candidates will:
- Be diligent and self-driven with project work
- Have the ability to draw conclusions from incomplete information
- Be keenly interested in Enterprise/B2B software startups
- Have 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Be comfortable working remotely
- Have strong written and verbal skills
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Be in pursuit of a graduate degree
- Have a technical undergraduate degree — preferred but not required
To apply, simply fill out this application and we will be in touch.